SMBv1 Deprecation / SMBv2 support in FreeBSD

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Thu Dec 19 20:49:11 UTC 2019

Alan Somers wrote on 2019/12/19 21:26:

[...]

> I think you should give it a shot.  I rewrote the FUSE kernel module for
> FreeBSD 12.1.  Some of the changes, like to cacheing, could have big
> effects on smb performance.  And cem made some changes in 2018 to the
> I/O size which led to big improvements in other file systems'
> performance, too.  At the very least a benchmark would be interesting.

I know you made many changes in FUSE unfortunately our production
servers are on 11.3. They will be upgraded later in Q2 2020.
I believe FUSE works much better now but smbnetfs is still kind of
complicated to use globally from fstab instead of per user.
I will try to find some 12.1 machine and try to benchmark it with
smbnetfs in January. I will let you know.

Kind regards
Miroslav Lachman