ZFS and chflags

Chris Rees crees at bayofrum.net
Mon Sep 24 21:10:09 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I don't know if it's some sort of veneer, but two of my machines actually have started supporting file flags (schg for example), which makes pkgbase happy.

My remaining machine, which I've managed to shoehorn 11.2-R onto after a 2014 head, still says chflags: Unsupported by device, causing pkg to error out.  I was hoping the new kernel would sort this out, but it appears to still happen.

I can't find anything on Google, and was wondering what is different between the three computers.  I know ZFS doesn't support them, but they do work on two of them!

Please let me know if I should be asking on pkgbase@

Cheers,

Chris

believed to be clean.