Fixing vdev name

David Chisnall theraven at freebsd.org
Wed Sep 19 14:18:41 UTC 2018

Hello the list,

I have a VM that uses ZFS with a pair of striped devices.  The first is
a partition on the root disk, created by the installer.  When this was
too small, I added another device (da1) and told the pool to expand to
use it (no redundancy, because the underlying storage for the VM images
provides that).  After a reboot, I can no longer boot the system.
Booting from the install CD and attempting to import the pool, it
correctly identifies da0p4 as one of the devices, but gives me a long
number instead of da1.

How do I fix this so that the pool again points to da1?

David