NFSv4 Kerberos mount from Linux

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Fri Oct 5 02:22:19 UTC 2018

I wrote:
[stuff snipped]
Btw, if you only mounting "/testexport", you can specify the "V4:" as
"if you are only.." typo
[more stuff snipped]
>Btw, in case the Linux client is falling back on using AUTH_SYS at some point
>during the mount, you could try allowing both krb5 and auth_sys by setting
>"-sec=sys,krb5,krb5i,krb5p" for both of the above lines. (I'd also suggest you
Oops, the syntax is "-sec=sys:krb5:krb5i:krb5p" (':'s and not ','s)

And if you want to capture packets during a Linux mount attempt, you can
run this on the FreeBSD server:
# tcpdump -s 0 -w out.pcap host <client-host>
However you will want to look at out.pcap in wireshark, since it can decode NFS.

Good luck with it and please let us know if you learn more, rick