zpool scrub 9TB finishes in ~40 mins

Rich rincebrain at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 14:17:02 UTC 2018

Unless FBSD merged it incompletely, that's very unlikely, b/c zpool
status output during resilvers/scrubs changes post-sequential resilver
work:

from:
(void) printf(gettext("\t%s scanned out of %s at %s/s")
to:
(void) printf(gettext("\t%s scanned at %s/s, "%s issued at %s/s, %s total\n"),

So those status messages are older than that work, which is also
validated by the version running predating the work merging (r331113
versus r334844).

I would _guess_ that it encountered so many metadata errors it
couldn't get to a lot of the pool, so it vacuously completed faster.

Unless large swathes of the disks were unreadable, that's far more
errors than I'd expect from a couple of unreadable blocks each. You
and ddrescue might want to be friends, though that might make things
worse since the pool has continued being some value of "in use" since
the failing disks were last in it.

- Rich