zpool scrub 9TB finishes in ~40 mins

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Fri Nov 2 13:21:40 UTC 2018

Andy Farkas wrote on 2018/11/02 13:07:

> # zpool status z
>    pool: z
>   state: ONLINE
> status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
>      corruption.  Applications may be affected.
> action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
>      entire pool from backup.
>     see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
>    scan: scrub in progress since Fri Nov  2 16:59:24 2018
>      365G scanned out of 11.9T at 228M/s, 14h47m to go
>          2.47M repaired, 2.99% done

I definitely need this speed of scrub! 238M/s is awesome.
I have RAIDZ from 4x ST4000VN000-1H4168 SC43 and the speed of scrub is
about 20MB/s.

Scrub takes more than week to finish:

   pool: tank0
  state: ONLINE
status: Some supported features are not enabled on the pool. The pool can
         still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Enable all features using 'zpool upgrade'. Once this is done,
         the pool may no longer be accessible by software that does not
support
         the features. See zpool-features(7) for details.
   scan: scrub repaired 0 in 262h56m with 0 errors on Sun Sep 16
02:04:25 2018
config:

         NAME                STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
         tank0               ONLINE       0     0     0
           raidz1-0          ONLINE       0     0     0
             gpt/disk0tank0  ONLINE       0     0     0
             gpt/disk1tank0  ONLINE       0     0     0
             gpt/disk2tank0  ONLINE       0     0     0
             gpt/disk3tank0  ONLINE       0     0     0

This is on HP ProLiant ML 110 G5 (very old machine) with only 5GB of RAM.

Miroslav Lachman