ZFS send problem

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Thu Jun 14 20:25:03 UTC 2018

Le 14/06/2018 à 16:09:05-0400, Mike Tancsa a écrit
> On 6/14/2018 1:54 PM, Albert Shih wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I still got a very serious problem with zfs send (not recv).
> >
> > If I set le vfs.zfs.arc_max at half of the RAM ( = 96Go) I can see thought
> > zfs-stats the arc come to 100.3% and empty to 98-99% and raise again.
> > Either way the zfs command not really freeze totally but take lot of time
> > to answer (~10-20 seconds when normally it's < 1sec).
>
> What version of FreeBSD are you running ?  Also, have you tried doing a

FreeBSD 11.1-p10 (last one).

> scrub on the pool to make sure there are no errors ? I take it zpool

I do that now.

> status shows all is ok ?

Yes.

> Is this a straight up send or incremental ? Is it recursive or just part
> of the pool ?

Not sure because the problem is erratic but It seem I got much more problem
with the straight up send, the incremental seem to work a little better.
Knowing I don't get a big incremental (~100Mo-few Go).

Thanks for your help.

Regards.
--
Albert SHIH