OpenZFS Developer Summit 2018 - announcement & CFP

Matthew Ahrens mahrens at delphix.com
Mon Jun 4 19:02:15 UTC 2018

The sixth annual OpenZFS Developer Summit will be held in San
Francisco, *September
10-11, 2018*.  All OpenZFS developers are invited to participate, and
registration is now open.

See http://www.open-zfs.org/wiki/OpenZFS_Developer_Summit for all of the
details, including slides and videos from previous years' conferences.

The goal of the event is to foster cross-community discussions of OpenZFS work
and to make progress on some of the projects we have proposed.

The first day of the conference will be set aside for presentations. *If
you would like to give a talk, submit a proposal via email
to matt at mahrens.org <matt at mahrens.org>, including a 1-2 paragraph abstract.*
 We welcome proposals for any kinds of talks related to ZFS, and we are
particularly interested in fostering a diverse group of speakers. In the
past, the most popular talks have featured internal details of new or
upcoming features in OpenZFS. If you're new to the OpenZFS community or
just new to giving talks at conferences, mentorship is available to help
make your presentation the best it can be. The registration fee will be
waived for speakers.

The deadlines are as follows:

*July 16, 2018 All abstracts/proposals submitted* to matt at mahrens.org
July 27, 2018 Proposal submitters notified
September 10, 2018 OpenZFS Developer Summit

The second day of the event will be a hackathon, where you will have the
opportunity to work with OpenZFS developers that you might not normally sit
next to, with the goal of having something, no matter how insignificant, to
demo at the end of the day.

This event is only possible because of the efforts and contributions of the
community of developers and companies that sponsor the event.  Special
thanks to our early Diamond sponsors:  Delphix <http://delphix.com/>, Datto
<https://www.datto.com/>, and OsNexus <https://osnexus.com/>.

Additional sponsorship opportunities are available. Please see the website
for details and send email to Karyn.Ritter at delphix.com if you have any
questions.

--matt