fpsync gains cpio(1) support

Ganael Laplanche ganael.laplanche at martymac.org
Tue Jul 17 10:20:58 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone,

Maybe some of you know fpart(1) and fpsync(1), two utilities I wrote to
parallelize rsync(1) passes (locally or through a cluster of SSH workers) and
speed up big data migrations:

https://github.com/martymac/fpart/

I am pleased to announce that fpsync(1) now supports cpio(1) natively, see:

https://github.com/martymac/fpart/commit/
f4777ee3163f62d2dcd95b2a38df8603381c7584

That mode enables even more faster replication passes (useful during first
passes, not the 'final' -cleaning- one).

Since I've not yet tagged a new release, the FreeBSD port (sysutils/fpart) is
not up-to-date yet, but the git version should build out-of-the box.

I would be pleased to get feedback about that new feature, feel free to
contact me if you have any remarks or questions :)

Best regards,

--
Ganael LAPLANCHE <ganael.laplanche at martymac.org>
http://www.martymac.org | http://contribs.martymac.org