ZFS High-Availability NAS

Jan Bramkamp crest at rlwinm.de
Mon Jan 22 10:24:09 UTC 2018

On 19.01.18 16:19, Julien Cigar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if someone has already put in production something
> similar to https://github.com/ewwhite/zfs-ha/wiki (with two HBAs and
> two disk shelves in two chains) with ZFS, gmultipath, and NFS on top ?

I tried to build something similar, but ran into problems with
gmultipath. There are situtations in which gmultipath retries an I/O
request ad infinitum, because it can't tell the difference between
temporary errors (e.g. a link failure) and permanent errors (e.g. a head
crash). It just sees that the struct bio contains an error and retries
reactivating failed links if it runs out of active links.

Other than that it it worked ;-).