Anyone managed to build a static gssd?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at mit.edu
Sun Jan 7 19:13:24 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 07, 2018 at 01:28:10AM -0500, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> I'm interesting in experimenting with GSSAPI security for NFS mounts,
> but we run MIT Kerberos, not Heimdal.  AIUI, the kernel code has to
> have the same data structures as the userland code in gssd, which
> implies that gssd has to be built against Heimdal libraries, not MIT.

I think you might want to test that hypothesis experimentally --
both Heimdal and MIT have gss_export_lucid_sec_context() that
generate the gss_krb5_lucid_context_v1_t data type, which seems
to be defined identically between them.  AIUI, this "lucid" (i.e.,
non-opaque) type is what is used for sending the GSS information
into the kernel.

-Ben