growfs only works on GPT partitioning schemes?

Mars G Miro spry at anarchy.in.the.ph
Mon Feb 26 03:55:12 UTC 2018

Hi

   It seems that growfs only works on GPT partitioned schemes ?

   When I first installed my FreeBSD, I unfortunately chose BSD during the
FS creation. Now that I ran out of space, I wanted to increase the
filesystem size. Successfully did so in Virtualbox but after rebooting, the
HD doesn't see the new allocated space. It has another virtual HD, one
created with GPT and I was able to increase it via growfs.

   This is on FreeBSD 11.1.

   Thanks.

--
cheers