ZFS pool faulted (corrupt metadata) but the disk data appears ok...

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Fri Feb 2 10:27:06 UTC 2018

Michelle Sullivan wrote:
>> So far (few hours in) zfs import -fFX has not faulted with this image...
>> it's running out of memory currently about 16G of 32G- however 9.2-P15
>> kernel died within minutes... out of memory (all 32G and swap) so am
>> more optimistic at the moment...  Fingers Crossed.
>>
> And the answer:
>
> 11-STABLE on a USB stick.
>
> Remove the drive that was replacing the hotspare (ie the replacement
> drive for the one that initially died)
> zpool import -fFX storage
> zpool export storage
>
> reboot back to 9.x
> zpool import storage
> re-insert drive replacement drive.
> reboot

Gotta thank people for this again, saved me again this time on a
non-FreeBSD system this time (with a lot of using a modified recoverdisk
for OSX - thanks PSK@)... Lost 3 disks out of a raidz2 and 2 more had
read errors on some sectors.. don't know how much (if any) data I've
lost but at least it's not a rebuild from back up of all 48TB..

Thanks again.

--
Michelle Sullivan
http://www.mhix.org/