Linux NFS client and FreeBSD server strangeness

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Apr 5 17:16:03 UTC 2018

On 4/5/2018 12:29 PM, Ben RUBSON wrote:
> On 04 Apr 2018 20:27, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>
>> Note, doing something like
>>
>> dd if=/dev/zero of=/backup/test.bin bs=4096 count=5000000
>
> Note that this test may not be really relevant if you have ZFS
> compression enabled.

hehe, the first time I did this I thought gstat was broken since the
disk was doing next to nothing :)  However, I did the same sort of tests
creating a number of large files from /dev/urandom

>> I too am using 9000 for the MTU.
>
> Did you try to use smaller MTU ?

Yes, I noticed the same behaviour on igb nics at a gig and normal 1500 MTU

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400 x203
Sentex Communications, mike at sentex.net