Restricting zfs metadata view for non-root users.

Daniel Hilst Selli daniel at versatushpc.com.br
Tue Nov 21 18:53:17 UTC 2017

Hi everybody!

I was testing zfs delegated administration [1]. I see that user without
 permissions couldn't read data from datasets but they still can read
all the zfs metadata. Is this right?

In my setup I have two users, foo and bar. They both have it's own
datasets. As foo I can't read bar's snapshots, but he can list them.

Is there a way to restrict metadata shown to one user? I don't want to
expose snapshots from one user to another but still want they to be
able to do their own backups by sending snapshots to this host.

Regards!
Daniel,

[1]https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/zfs-zfs-allow.html