zpool imported twice with different names (was Re: Fwd: ZFS)

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at gmail.com
Tue May 16 14:26:48 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 1:31 AM, Trond Endrestøl <
Trond.Endrestol at fagskolen.gjovik.no> wrote:

> I guess you had a /boot/zfs/zpool.cache file referring to the original
> zroot pool. Next, the kernel found the vega pool and didn't realise
> these two pools are the very same.

Assuming this is the case, shouldn't it be fixed? A check while importing
that the guid of the pool targeted for import is not in the set of
currently active guids would be worthwhile, but it -- apparently, if this
is reproducible -- doesn't exist?

Again, assuming this is reproducible.

 - Eric