FreeBSD restartable send/receive over WAN

Shiva Bhanujan Shiva.Bhanujan at Quorum.net
Tue Jun 13 23:34:17 UTC 2017

Hi Ronald,

thanks for the info.  I'm going to work w/ FreeBSD 11.0, as it has restartable send/receive.  the compressed send is desirable though.

Regards,
Shiva

________________________________
From: Ronald Klop [ronald-lists at klop.ws]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2017 2:33 PM
To: Karli Sjöberg; Gary Palmer; Shiva Bhanujan
Cc: freebsd-fs at freebsd.org; Jeremy Faulkner
Subject: Re: FreeBSD restartable send/receive over WAN

Hi,

I'm not authoritative about this, but I see the feature in FreeBSD 12:
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=zfs&apropos=0&sektion=8&manpath=FreeBSD+12-current&arch=default&format=html
(option -c to 'zfs send')

But not in FreeBSD 11.
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=zfs&apropos=0&sektion=8&manpath=FreeBSD+11-current&arch=default&format=html