Stupidly destroyed a ZFS pool by recreating with the same name

Christoph Pomaska cp_public at gmx.de
Sat Jan 7 12:12:12 UTC 2017

Hello dear freebsd-fs-community,

this is my first contact within a mailing list, so I hope I got
everything right...

I not-so-recently set up a ZFS data pool on my Arch Linux setup, either
for experimenting and also because I think that the concept is a pretty
cool thing.
Well, as you can read in the subject title, I recently accidentally
recreated the ZFS pool that died, because I switched some drives out,
instead of importing it (as not stupidly enough, I did it with the
option -f, that's why it didn't ask me anything though).
So, is there ANY way to get the original pool or at least ANYTHING back?

Best regards
Christoph