Check status of background destroy

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 18:48:29 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Xin LI <delphij at gmail.com> wrote:

> Try setting vfs.zfs.free_max_blocks to 100000 (this is an arbitrary
> number, can be larger, limits maximum blocks being freed per txg; see
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=271532 for
> details).
>
> You can inspect the progress with DTrace by looking at zfs-dbgmsg.

​Forgot to mention, this server is running 64-bit FreeBSD 9.3-p5.​  That
sysctl OID doesn't exist.

​From the sounds of the comments on that revision, this would probable be a
useful feature to have.

I'll have to see about upgrading this system (there's a separate pool for
the OS), I guess.

Which FreeBSD version(s) include that feature?  Would 10.3 be okay, or
would I have to go all the way to 11.0?

Hrm, maybe I'll play with an updated mfsBSD USB stick instead, and see if
things work better with that, first.

Thanks for the info!!

--
Freddie Cash