FreeBSD 11 and 4+ GB files on optical disc

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:46:41 UTC 2017

# kldload udf
# mount -t udf /dev/cd0 /mnt

You RTFM'd the wrong M.  ;)  Pretty much every option can be loaded as a
module at runtime nowadays.

I found this by doing a simple:
# ls /boot/kernel/*udf*

There's also a mount_udf(8) man page to read through.

There are some limitations to UDF in FreeBSD, though.  It's not the latest
version, and I don't think you can write to it (although it's been a long
time since I've used UDF).  But you should definitely be able to mount and
read files from UDF-formatted DVDs.  Maybe even Blu-Ray, although I've
never attached a BD-ROM drive to a computer of any kind.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com