Fwd: Re: FreeBSD 11 and 4+ GB files on optical disc

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Fri Feb 10 07:22:25 UTC 2017

freebsd-fs:

I have a computer with:

dpchrist at freebsd:/usr/home/dpchrist $ freebsd-version
11.0-RELEASE-p7

dpchrist at freebsd:/usr/home/dpchrist $ uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd 11.0-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p1 #0 r306420: Thu
Sep 29 03:40:55 UTC 2016
root at releng2.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

I've been creating DVD and BD discs with files larger than 4 GB on
Linux.  I can read them fine on Linux and Microsoft Windows.  But, I
can't read them correctly on FreeBSD.

Apparently, this is a feature.

Is there software I can install so that I can access 4+ GB files on
optical discs?

TIA,

David