Oh no, what have I done...

Chris Ross cross+freebsd at distal.com
Sun Aug 13 01:22:35 UTC 2017

> On Aug 12, 2017, at 20:03 , Peter Jeremy <peter at rulingia.com> wrote:
>
> On 2017-Aug-12 19:36:31 -0400, Chris Ross <cross+freebsd at distal.com> wrote:
>> But, I fear I may’ve shot myself.  Is there any way to recover my raid1z vdev from this situation, and get a working zfs pool back?
>
> There's no way to detach the vdev /dev/da2p1 - you need to backup and
> re-create the pool.  You need to re-attach /dev/da2p1 so the pool can
> be imported, then do a backup, destroy the pool and re-create it.

  Can I attach a different similar drive as da2p1?  Or, does it have to have the same bits that were put on it when it was in the pool previously?  If the latter, I don’t have those bits any more.

  I’ll try putting a disk with the same layout in, and see how that goes.  That was a thought I’d had.

     - Chris