Status of FUSE in FreeBSD kernel

Conrad Meyer cem at freebsd.org
Fri Aug 11 22:17:25 UTC 2017

Hi Nikolaus,

These questions are probably best answered by reading the source.

I grepped the FreeBSD tree for FUSE_NOTIFY_INVAL_INODE and did not see
it.  Looking around, I don't think we have any of the libfuse notify
support.

As far as mknod/mkfifo, that should work.  EINVAL can come from bogus
dev value for a CHR/BLK mknod or an unrecognized mode type.

Best,
Conrad