State of FUSE on FreeBSD

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Fri Aug 11 15:09:20 UTC 2017

On Aug 11 2017, Ben RUBSON <ben.rubson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nope, same problem here:
>>
>> [root@ ~/libfuse/build]# example/hello
>> error: no mountpoint specified
>> [root@ ~/libfuse/build]# example/hello /mnt
>> mount_fusefs:
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>> on /mnt: No such file or directory
>> fuse: failed to mount file system: No error: 0
>
> I managed to build master branch :
> https://github.com/libfuse/libfuse
>
> Following instructions in README.md.
>
> Log is here, with the tests :
> https://benrubson.github.io/fusebuild.log

Ok, that's great. If I had that result, I could work on the remaining
issues.

Unfortunately, all I get is the above error. Do you have any idea what
could be different for me?

As far as I can remember, I downloaded the image from
https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/snapshots/VM-IMAGES/12.0-CURRENT/amd64/Latest/FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT-amd64.qcow2.xz,
did a number of 'pkg install <foo>' runs and loaded the fuse kernel
module. That's it.

root@ ~/libfuse/build]# example/hello_ll /mnt
mount_fusefs: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ on /mnt: No such file or directory
fuse: failed to mount file system: No error: 0

Best,
-Nikolaus

--
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F