State of FUSE on FreeBSD

Stefan Esser se at freebsd.org
Fri Aug 11 11:01:01 UTC 2017

Am 11.08.17 um 12:42 schrieb Nikolaus Rath:
> On Aug 11 2017, Ben RUBSON <ben.rubson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> # example/hello /mnt
>>> mount_fusefs:
>>> ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>>> on /mnt: No such file or directory
>>> fuse: failed to mount file system: No error: 0
>>>
>>> Anyone know what this might mean?
>>
>> Same result with libfuse from sysutils/fusefs-libs ?
>
> I don't know. Please keep in mind that I'm not a FreeBSD user. I want to
> help get libfuse to run under FreeBSD, but I do not want to spend much
> time learning FreeBSD.
>
> I don't know how to install sysutils/fusefs-libs, and if I know how to
> install it, I most likely still wouldn't know how to test it (no idea
> how to find out if it comes with example filesystems, or where it
> installs them).

Hi Nikolaus,

I have offered support via phone and can only repeat that offer now ;-)

In order to install any port, you csan follow the steps outlined in an
earlier mail:

# mkdir /usr/ports
# cd /usr/ports
# svnlite co https://svn.FreeBSD.org/ports/head /usr/ports
# cd sysutils/fusefs-libs
# make install

The supported filesystems can then be installed in the same way, e.g.:

# cd /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-ext4fuse
# make install

To reinstall:

# make reinstall

> In other words, I'll help as much as I can on the libfuse side, but
> unless there's some activity from FreeBSD users, I will not be able to
> get things to run out of the box on FreeBSD.

You've got my phone number ...

Regards, STefan