State of FUSE on FreeBSD

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Fri Aug 11 09:15:03 UTC 2017

On Aug 11 2017, Ben RUBSON <ben.rubson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 11 Aug 2017, at 11:01, Ben RUBSON <ben.rubson at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Stefan kindly helped me setup a FreeBSD VM, and libfuse is now compiling
>>> nicely.
>>>
>>> However, there is one problem: I am not able to mount any
>>> filesystems. The error is always:
>>>
>>> # example/hello /mnt
>>> fuse: failed to open fuse device: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> Do I need to do anything special to enable FUSE support in FreeBSD?
>>
>> Hi Nikolaus,
>>
>> Certainly you need to load fuse module :
>> kldload fuse
>
> And you can add the following to /boot/loader.conf :
> fuse_load="YES"
>
> So that it will be automatically loaded at boot time.

Ok.. some progress. Now it fails with:

# example/hello /mnt
mount_fusefs: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ on /mnt: No such file or directory
fuse: failed to mount file system: No error: 0

Anyone know what this might mean?

Best,
-Nikolaus

--
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F