State of FUSE on FreeBSD

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Tue Aug 8 11:11:59 UTC 2017

On Aug 08 2017, Ben RUBSON <ben.rubson at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Glad to hear from Nikolaus too, seeing that efforts are taken to keep
>>> libfuse FreeBSD compatible out of the box ! For sure this is great !
>>>
>>> I also hugely use fuse, so having it to work correctly (at least
>>> bug-free) is mandatory for me.
>>
>> Would you mind testing the newest libfuse release then?
>
> I just tested to compile it out of the box, it seems to fail :
> https://benrubson.github.io/fuse.log

So what fails is just one of the examples, that's good news. Worst case
we can disable it. Can I browse the FreeBSD manpages for fstatat() and
openat() somewhere? Maybe there are equivalent flags that I could use.

> Note that we are still running 2.9(.5) version on FreeBSD :
> http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/fusefs-libs/

Yeah. I hope I can help you to provide libfuse3 as well.

Best,
-Nikolaus

--
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F