"zfs receive -x" option

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 15 18:08:03 UTC 2017

Hello Freebsd-fs,

 Here is Illumos ticket about "-x" option for "zfs receive":

 https://www.illumos.org/issues/2745

  It mention, that "As reported by Zender Fufikoff on Illumos ZFS mailing
 list. This has been done on ZoL and FreeBSD and ported to Nexenta."

  And here is commit to Nexenta repo which contains referencve to FreeBSD
  too ("port FreeBSD patch - new zfs recv options support"):

 https://github.com/Nexenta/illumos-nexenta/commit/21eaf38dbf37deaf21b7d044b8ea5fb699fcff38

  But I could not find any traces of this functionality in FreeBSD. Our
  zfs_main.c

  https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/cmd/zfs/zfs_main.c

  doesn't contain this code, for example.

  What happens to this code? It is very useful option, IMHO!

--
Best regards,
 Lev                          mailto:lev at FreeBSD.org