zfs receive leads to a stuck server

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sun Oct 2 11:48:11 UTC 2016

> Am 02.10.2016 um 08:28 schrieb maurizio at cloverinformatica.it:
>
> Hi Rainer,
>> Hi,
>>
>> I posted this before, but I didn’t really get an answer and I’m still
>> looking for ways to debug this.
>>
>> I have to servers (HP DL 380 Gen8, 192 GB RAM, 6C CPU).
>> I’ve outfitted them with HP’s H22x cards (really OEMed 9207-8x, three
>> altogether) that I recently cross-flashed to LSI’s latest firmware.
>
> Have you flashed the correct firmware ?
> Please look at this thread in the FreeNAS forum:
>
> https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/flashing-hp-h220-h221-sas-cards.40052/
>
> Good Luck
> Maurizio

I flashed 9207-firmware.
The card says it’s 9205 (on the outside) - but it’s really a 9207.
At least, I couldn’t even flash 9205 firmware. Even with the P14 DOS sas2flash.

I really, really hate those HBAs. I will never again buy something that is OEMed by HP.

I would replace them with stock 9207-HBAs - but I need 6 of them and I don’t even know if it fixes the problem.

Thanks for your input, though.

Rainer