UFS: unaligned read from GELI with 8k sectorsize

Anton Yuzhaninov citrin at citrin.ru
Sat Oct 1 22:02:33 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-01 17:10, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> What happens if you boot, mount your USB drive with 8k sectors, and try
> to execute some binary from it ?  E.g., try to execute the init.  I do
> not care about app errors (most likely it should complain about uid != 0
> or pid != 1), but rather want to know whether the image is activated or not.

I booted from a USB stick with patched kernel and attached geli with 8k
sector.
It seems to be the image is not activated:

root@:~ # /mnt/ssdroot/sbin/ping
load: 0.16  cmd: csh 714 [pgrbwt] 11.46r 0.00u 0.00s 0% 3720k

root@:~ # procstat -k 714
   PID    TID COMM             TDNAME           KSTACK
procstat: sysctl: kern.proc.kstack: 714: Device busy

DDB backtrace for shell:
https://imgur.com/a/JDLry