ZFS performance bottlenecks: CPU or RAM or anything else?

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Wed May 18 08:02:01 UTC 2016

My comment was targeted under the assumption of random IOPs workload,
which is typically the case, where each RAIDZ group (vdev) will give
approximately a single drive performance. For a pretty definitive guide
/ answer see:
http://blog.delphix.com/matt/2014/06/06/zfs-stripe-width/

There's also some useful practical test results here:
https://calomel.org/zfs_raid_speed_capacity.html