ZFS/Duplicated ZAP?

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 13 15:28:45 UTC 2016

On 05/13/16 16:19, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Anyone?
>
> On 2016-05-11 15:31, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>> On 2016-05-11 15:23, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>>> What can I do to fix these?  A scrub does not.  From looking at
>>> comments where this is
>>> generated, seems like it maybe dedupe related.  Rebuilding the pool is
>>> NOT an option at present.
>>>
>>> thebighonker.lerctr.org /home/ler $ grep -i zfs /var/log/messages
>>> May 11 00:03:31 thebighonker kernel: ZFS WARNING: Duplicated ZAP entry
>>> detected (libssl.a).
>>> May 11 00:03:31 thebighonker kernel: ZFS WARNING: Duplicated ZAP entry
>>> detected (libzpool.so).
>>> May 11 00:03:31 thebighonker kernel: ZFS WARNING: Duplicated ZAP entry
>>> detected (libtinfo_p.a).
>>> May 11 00:03:31 thebighonker kernel: ZFS WARNING: Duplicated ZAP entry
>>> detected (libumem.so).

You could try doing a zfs send ... | zfs recv ... to create a new copy
of the affected ZFSes.  This should pretty much unwind any effect of
having had deduplication turned on.

Then it's a matter of using 'zfs rename' to move the new copy into the
expected locations in your zfs hierarchy and have them mount at the
correct places in your filesystem.  That's something you'll almost
certainly need to do while booted from a live CD or similar.

	Cheers,

	Matthew