FUSE extended attribute patches available

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 9 04:00:42 UTC 2016

On Tue, 8 Mar 2016, Rick Macklem wrote:

> Robert N. M. Watson wrote:
> > Just a quick observation: to avoid application change, you could actually
> > leave the 'user.' on the front of the strings? It's not harmful, it just
> > doesn't serve the same function. This might keep documentation more in sync,
> > etc.
> >
> Btw, this internet draft was just published. There is work in progress w.r.t.
> NFS support for Linux style extended attributes and this draft might have something
> to say w.r.t. namepsace? (I haven't looked at it.)
>
> draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-02.txt
>
> Available via anonymous ftp at ftp.ietf.org (I find it amusing that the engineers
> of the internet still use anonymous ftp;-).

I prefer the version at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-02 :)

[obligatory note that the above document is to be considered a work in
progress, and is not a final specification.]

-Ben