[zfs] an interesting survey -- the zpool with most disks you have ever built

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 05:14:44 UTC 2016

On Mar 3, 2016 8:36 PM, "Fred Liu" <Fred_Liu at issi.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Today when I was reading Jeff's new nuclear weapon -- DSSD D5's CUBIC
RAID introduction,
> the interesting survey -- the zpool with most disks you have ever built
popped in my brain.

We have two backups servers with 90 drives each (2x 45-bay JBODs connected
to a head unit using LSI 9211-8e controllers) configured into 6-disk raidz2
vdevs in a single storage pool. They'll support 4x JBODs each without
daisy-chaining, although we don't have plans for don't that for another
couple years.