[Gluster-devel] FreeBSD port of GlusterFS racks up a lot of CPU usage

Raghavendra Gowdappa rgowdapp at redhat.com
Tue Jan 19 06:01:24 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Rick Macklem" <rmacklem at uoguelph.ca>
> To: "Raghavendra Gowdappa" <rgowdapp at redhat.com>

+static void
+event_pool_changed (struct event_pool *event_pool)
+{
+
+        /* Write a byte into the breaker pipe to wake up poll(). */
+        if (event_pool->breaker[1] >= 0)
+                write(event_pool->breaker[1], "X", 1);
+}

breaker is set to non-blocking on both read and write ends. So, probably write might be failing sometimes with EAGAIN/EBUSY and thereby preventing the socket from being registered. Probably that might be the reason?

        if (event_pool->breaker[1] >= 0) {
                 do {
                        ret = write(event_pool->breaker[1], "X", 1);
                 } while (ret != 1);
        }

Also similar logic might be required while flushing out junk from read end too.