NFS reads vs. writes

Karli Sjöberg karli.sjoberg at slu.se
Sun Jan 3 15:21:13 UTC 2016

Den 3 jan. 2016 3:05 em skrev "Mikhail T." <mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com>:

> On 03.01.2016 03:41, Karli Sjöberg wrote:
>>
>> Ok, so what about the local performance? Have you run e.g. Bonnie++ in the same directory?
>
> Let me try to explain the problem one more time. As I stated already, the data is read from and written to the same filesystems:
>
>     a:/a --- NFS ---> b:/b
>
> The performance difference is between machine a writing over NFS (2Mb/s) vs. machine b reading over NFS (56Mb/s). If it is still unclear, I give up.

I don't think being rude has ever helped someone, certainly doesn't make me want to...

Before I leave you to your problem alone, I would suggest you try and copy from machine a to b over a different protocol, like SMB, SFTP (preferrebly only a stream with NONE cipher enabled), HTTP or FTP before blaming NFS.

/K