Recommended HBA for ZFS, contemporary

Linda Kateley lkateley at kateley.com
Mon Aug 22 17:13:45 UTC 2016

Not just IT firmware, but you need to make sure the driver and firmware
match.

I try to use 16 if possible, 20 works but I have only found the
20.00.04.00 version of firmware to be reliable. Would love to hear if
people have different experience. I am about to try the rocket raid in
IT mode because I am tired of fighting with lsi firmware. Very very
stable when you get the right combo, 1000's of phantom checksum errors
if not.

I am starting to like 12g 3008 cards better as the firmware seems to be
a little more stable at version 9. Been testing 12 and so far so good,
but haven't run my larger stress tests yet..

I would definitely go to the avago site and make sure there is driver
and firmware for the card you are purchasing before you buy.

Linda