Moved disks to new machine. Zfs won't boot

Palle Girgensohn girgen at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 27 10:53:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

We had a faulty machine and thought the simple solution to get our systems online would be to move the disks to another identical box.

But now the ZFS will not boot.

I booted as USB stick and I can see the zfs pool after importing it with

zpool import -o altroot=/mnt -f tank

after this, I can see the pool and the file systems, but a reboot will not see the disk in BIOS, and I have my root there... :-/

gpart bootcode is installed (again, should really have been there already)

The machines are HP DL380 G7 woth P410i.

any ideas? zpool.cache?