How to speed up slow zpool scrub?

DH dhutch9999 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 18:29:47 UTC 2016

Take a long look at the FreeNAS documentation and discussion threads - if you're not using a sufficient quantity of ECC ram with ZFS you're asking for anomalous behavior.  I'm not a ZFS expert, but the documentation leads me to think inadequate system ram is certainly a consideration.

FreeNAS requires a minimum of 8 GB of ECC ram when used with ZFS.

David Hutchens III
System Administrator