glusterfs + FreeBSD [was Re: CEPH + FreeBSD]

Jordan Hubbard jordanhubbard at icloud.com
Mon Sep 7 07:11:03 UTC 2015

> On Sep 6, 2015, at 11:39 PM, justin at postgresql.org wrote:
>
> A couple of points... ;)

Thanks for the rapid reply!

> * We submitted a patch for FreeBSD's fuse... that seems to have just sat,
>  and sat, and sat... waiting for review and gone nowhere.  That would be
>  good to get fixed. (just saying)

Can you give a citation to this?  E.g. a bug # or a github pull request or whatever you used to submit it?  Perhaps I can help shepherd it in.  A working FUSE is good for a lot of various things.

> * Our guy who was putting in most of the effort for cross platform porting
>  (Harsha), left Red Hat.  Just added him to CC anyway, in case he has
>  insight. :)
>
> * I also left Red Hat.  I'm still doing a bit of stuff with Gluster, but
>  that's likely to taper off after I finish getting the new "Gluster Forge"
>  project done.

Huh.  Are there any of you left, over at Red Hat? ;-)

Nonetheless, thanks for adding more appropriate folks to the CC line and hey, if any of you filesystems folks are looking for a job, we’re hiring. :-)

(Sorry, sorry, I know this is the wrong list for that but hey, I couldn’t resist!).

- Jordan