CEPH + FreeBSD

Mike Carlson mike at bayphoto.com
Wed Sep 2 17:54:30 UTC 2015

I recall that in earlier releases of Ceph, there was some code for FreeBSD
support. That has never made it into any production release though.

This was the last solid reference on FreeBSD support, and the git feature
branch it links to is no longer around:
https://wiki.ceph.com/Planning/Blueprints/Emperor/Increasing_Ceph_portability

We have two ceph clusters, one for OpenStack as a VM backend, and another
larger one for long term storage (using CephFS)

We are a FreeBSD heavy shop, having FreeBSD support in Ceph would have been
ideal.

Mike C