LibCURL in Kernel

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 16:32:26 UTC 2015

I tried this a long time ago (don't ask.) The biggest gotchas:

* the socket code wasn't as nice to use from kernel land as it is today; and
* the existing http libraries out there mostly expect you have
infinite stack space, which in kernel land you don't. :(

I eventually had the company allow me to write my own thin HTTP client
layer in kernel space to do it, because trying to leverage an existing
one ended up causing constant panics due to the stack space thing.

-adrian