exfatfsck 1.0.1 UTF-8 bug

Tomek CEDRO tomek.cedro at gmail.com
Wed May 13 20:40:26 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 9:42 PM, Andrew Nayenko wrote:
> Hi Tomasz,
> Thanks for reporting the bug!

No problem Andrew :-)

>> ERROR: `0.indexGroups' real size does not equal to size (237568 !=
>> 419431).
>
> That's the actual problem. This is a USB drive where you've copied the
> /Application folder under OS X, right? Which OS X version have you been
> using?

Yes, the drive is USB/Thunderbolt Lacie Rugged 2TB (using USB
connection), MacOSX Yosemite 10.10.* (hard to tell exactly as several
computers use it).

>> ERROR: name is too long.
>> BUG: failed to convert name to UTF-8.
>
> I believe this bug was fixed in 1.1. Unfortunately, FreeBSD port is
> outdated. I've tried to contact the maintainer about a month ago without
> success.

Yes, I have also noticed that and reported to FreeBSD FS/BUGS mailing
list and the maintainer. If there is no response I will try to verify
and prepare an updated version :-)

Thank you! :-)
Tomek