vfs.zfs.write_to_degraded missing in 10.1?

Lacey Powers lacey.leanne at gmail.com
Fri May 1 22:44:21 UTC 2015

Hello Gabor,

It looks like this was an upstream behavior that was changed.

Here's the bug from Illumos:

https://www.illumos.org/issues/4976

And it was pulled in in r269010in FreeBSD

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=269010

I'm not entirely sure about what the changes mean, but it seems like it
will always try for the behavior of the vfs.zfs.write_to_degraded
sysctl, except in instances where the vdev is non-redundant and
top-level.It might help to ask for further clarification on an Illumos
or OpenZFS mailing list, or in the IRC channels on freenode for each,
#illumos or #openzfs.

Hope that helps. =)

Regards,

Lacey