11-CURRENT does not mount my root ZFS

Ronald Klop ronald-lists at klop.ws
Wed Jun 24 20:48:47 UTC 2015

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 19:22:23 +0200, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 2015, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>
>> On 17/06/2015 18:40, Ronald Klop wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm running 10-STABLE on my laptop on ZFS for a while already.
>>> Today I compiled and installed a 11-CURRENT kernel. After boot the
>>> kernel gives
>>> this error at the moment of mountroot.
>> [snip]
>>>
>>> What could be the cause of this? Can I provide more information?
>>
>> That would be very weird but perhaps the problem is caused by a
>> mismatch in pool
>> features?  Of course, it's hard to imagine that the CURRENT kernel
>> would not
>> support something that 10-STABLE supported...
>> However, zpool get all output might still be informative.
>
> Outdated boot code on all but one drive?  (Sorry, no experience booting
> ZFS from MBR.)

Hi,

Thanks for your responses. I just started to binary search for the
revision which breaks when I figured that the kernel I was trying was
really old. I had used my svn checkout to look at some old versions of
drivers for porting to 10.
So I'm now running from a recent 11 kernel and things work like they
should!

Cheers,
Ronald.