mountd -h flag is not accepting hostnames

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Tue Jan 13 23:10:29 UTC 2015

Ryan Stone wrote:
> It seems that there has been a regression between 8.1-RELEASE and
> 10.1-RELEASE in mountd.  In 10.1 I can no longer run mountd with -h
> myhostname to have it bind to the IP that "myhostname" resolve to.
> The cause is that getaddrinfo() is not being called correctly.  I've
> uploaded a fix for review here:
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1507
I just commented on this. The patch looks correct to me and similar
patches are needed for usr.sbin/rpc.lockd/lockd.c and usr.sbin/rpc.statd/statd.c.
(I was the culprit and introduced this bug via r222623 and friends when I "fixed"
 the code to set AI_NUMERICHOST instead of clear it when a numeric name was detected.)

rick