ZFS Send / Receive Recursively Without Properties

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Mon Jan 5 19:41:21 UTC 2015

On 1/5/2015 2:05 PM, Tim Gustafson wrote:

> Is there any way to recursively send (and destroy) snapshots on the
> server "B" without also copying the mountpoint property?

Funny, I am sort of struggling with this issue now as well. I am using
FreeNAS to send to a non FreeNAS server and also cannot send recursive
snapshots for what seems to be that reason.  I am trying to do this by
sending it as a non root user (ie. the target user is not root) so that
when it tried to mount afterwards it fails.  But I need to somehow tell
FreeNAS, this is "OK". I have yet to get it fully working, but I have
been playing around with the zfs allow/unallow settings so that the B
server's non root user can do everything but set the mountpoint property.

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications, mike at sentex.net