NFS, pefs panic: vputx: neg ref cnt

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Thu Feb 26 16:04:59 UTC 2015

Brett Wiggins wrote:

> > On 25 Feb 2015, at 9:56 am, Rick Macklem <rmacklem at uoguelph.ca>
> > wrote:
> >

> > Now for the dumb question...where is the pefs stuff?
> > (I've never heard of it and a quick find/grep didn't locate it in
> > the
> > kernel source tree.)
> >
> Hi guys,
>
> pefs is a kernel module I got from the ports
>
> sysutils/pefs-kmod
>
> If it's in the ports does it make it an outside issue?
>
> Brett

Well, I think this means it needs to be looked at by whoever maintains
the code.

If you are just looking for a workaround, you could try doing the
Linux mount with whatever option disables use of ReaddirPlus instead
of Readdir. (I recall you mentioned OSX mounts worked and they probably
don't use ReaddirPlus by default, like FreeBSD.)

Unfortunately I don't have a way to download the sources for this until
April, so I can't take a look. (I'd guess something like it gets an extra
ref cnt on the vnode for most things, but not pefs_vget() or something
like that?)

rick