LSI 9260: is there a way to configure it JBOD like mps?

devnullius devnullius at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 19:57:11 UTC 2015

I also got this info from Michelle (thanks!)

Michelle Sullivan wrote
> Well depends on your RAID level of zfs...
>
> On my system I have 16 x 3T drives and all are config'd as RAID0 then I
> have zraid2 for 15 of the disks and the remainder is set to be a spare.
>
> ...and that all looks like:
>
> $ zpool status -v
>   pool: storage
>  state: ONLINE
>   scan: scrub in progress since Sun Dec 20 00:00:01 2015
>         8.13T scanned out of 28.5T at 28.5M/s, 208h38m to go
>         0 repaired, 28.49% done
> config:
>
>     NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>     storage     ONLINE       0     0     0
>       raidz2-0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid10  ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid8   ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid12  ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid0   ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid14  ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid15  ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid1   ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid7   ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid2   ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid9   ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid3   ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid4   ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid5   ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid6   ONLINE       0     0     0
>         mfid11  ONLINE       0     0     0
>     spares
>       mfid13    AVAIL
>
> errors: No known data errors

It still feels like I should anticipate a lot of problems, assuming worst
case scenarios... So I'm gonna look for one of these cards instead and rule
out all risks...:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/it-mode-firmware-for-lsi-megaraid-sas-9260-4i.40093/
(currently in moderation)