setting up a port for GlusterFS?

Jordan Hubbard jordanhubbard at icloud.com
Wed Dec 9 04:11:46 UTC 2015

> On Dec 8, 2015, at 2:39 PM, Rick Macklem <rmacklem at uoguelph.ca> wrote:
>
> I've basically succeeded in getting glusterfs 3.7.6 to build and
> work on FreeBSD-current (only very minimally tested).
> I think it would be nice to set this up as a port, in case others
> would like to test it, however I have zero knowledge w.r.t. how
> to set up a port?

Here’s the one we’re using in FreeNAS:  https://github.com/freenas/middleware/tree/master/nas_ports/sysutils/glusterfs

I just updated it from 3.7.2 to 3.7.6 but we’ve been using it in FreeNAS for awhile now, so rather than create something from scratch, this might be a reasonable starting point.  It’s based in turn on earlier attempts to maintain a port for FreeBSD.  Really needs a maintainer. :)

- Jordan